MMA Warlike
MMA Warlike
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Made by MMA fans for MMA fans

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Looking for Moderators. If interested email mmawarlike@yahoo.com or contact us on Facebook

Shane Carwin reveals "Lactic Acidosis" caused him to gas against Lesnar

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Shane Carwin reveals "Lactic Acidosis" caused him to gas against Lesnar Empty
PostSubject: Shane Carwin reveals "Lactic Acidosis" caused him to gas against Lesnar   Shane Carwin reveals "Lactic Acidosis" caused him to gas against Lesnar EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
With many fans questioning Shane Carwin's cardio following his loss to Brock Lesnar at UFC 116 but the man himself has cleared it up via his own Twitter page.

Following an epic first round which saw Carwin almost destroy the Champ Brock Lesnar, he quickly began to fade as the fight progressed. Despite nearly TKO'ing Brock, Carwin mounted his opponent in an attempted to finish him, but seemed to lose more and more power with each blow. With Lesnar holding on, the round ended, and Carwin looked like he had been on the receiving end as opposed to Lesnar. Only a few seconds into the round, Carwin was looking extremely stiff and gassed. Lesnar took him down and eventually locked in a side choke which left an already exhausted Carwin struggling to breathe.

But now, with recent tests, it seems there is a valid reason for Carwin's poor cardio, which he himself had always maintained was top notch. He released a "tweet" earlier saying:

“What happened to me July 3rd is called ‘Lactic Acidosis’. It was brought on by a few things and mainly not breathing while exerting energy. I was all cramped up, nausea and major head ache.

“Let me be clear Brock won the fight, no issues that he earned the right to be the Champion. Just passing on the info as it comes 2 me. I will fight him any time I get the chance.”

Since the bout, it has been confirmed that Brock's next defence will be against Cain Valasquez, while the next move for Carwin is currently unclear.

According to Wikipedia, Lactic Acidosis is:

physiological condition characterized by low pH in body tissues and blood (acidosis) accompanied by the buildup of lactate, and is considered a distinct form of metabolic acidosis. The condition typically occurs when cells receive too little oxygen (hypoxia), for example during vigorous exercise. In this situation, impaired cellular respiration leads to lower pH levels. Simultaneously, cells are forced to metabolize glucose anaerobically, which leads to lactate formation. Therefore, elevated lactate is indicative of tissue hypoxia, hypoperfusion, anble damage.

With many fans questioning Shane Carwin's cardio following his loss to Brock Lesnar at UFC 116 but the man himself has cleared it up via his own Twitter page.

Following an epic first round which saw Carwin almost destroy the Champ Brock Lesnar, he quickly began to fade as the fight progressed. Despite nearly TKO'ing Brock, Carwin mounted his opponent in an attempted to finish him, but seemed to lose more and more power with each blow. With Lesnar holding on, the round ended, and Carwin looked like he had been on the receiving end as opposed to Lesnar. Only a few seconds into the round, Carwin was looking extremely stiff and gassed. Lesnar took him down and eventually locked in a side choke which left an already exhausted Carwin struggling to breathe.

But now, with recent tests, it seems there is a valid reason for Carwin's poor cardio, which he himself had always maintained was top notch. He released a "tweet" earlier saying:

“What happened to me July 3rd is called ‘Lactic Acidosis’. It was brought on by a few things and mainly not breathing while exerting energy. I was all cramped up, nausea and major head ache.

“Let me be clear Brock won the fight, no issues that he earned the right to be the Champion. Just passing on the info as it comes 2 me. I will fight him any time I get the chance.”

Since the bout, it has been confirmed that Brock's next defence will be against Cain Valasquez, while the next move for Carwin is currently unclear.

According to Wikipedia, Lactic Acidosis is:

physiological condition characterized by low pH in body tissues and blood (acidosis) accompanied by the buildup of lactate, and is considered a distinct form of metabolic acidosis. The condition typically occurs when cells receive too little oxygen (hypoxia), for example during vigorous exercise. In this situation, impaired cellular respiration leads to lower pH levels. Simultaneously, cells are forced to metabolize glucose anaerobically, which leads to lactate formation. Therefore, elevated lactate is indicative of tissue hypoxia, hypoperfusion, anble damage.

Back to top Go down
https://mmawarlike.forumotion.net

Shane Carwin reveals "Lactic Acidosis" caused him to gas against Lesnar
Page 1 of 1