MMA Warlike
MMA Warlike
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Made by MMA fans for MMA fans

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Looking for Moderators. If interested email mmawarlike@yahoo.com or contact us on Facebook

Shane Carwin wants a War with Brock Lesnar: “One of us will need help leaving the Octagon”

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Shane Carwin wants a War with Brock Lesnar: “One of us will need help leaving the Octagon” Empty
PostSubject: Shane Carwin wants a War with Brock Lesnar: “One of us will need help leaving the Octagon”   Shane Carwin wants a War with Brock Lesnar: “One of us will need help leaving the Octagon” EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 12:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
“Ben Fowlkes: You’re a little over a week from a title fight in what may very well be the most watched UFC pay-per-view of the year. Does it feel like a lot of added pressure as you prepare for this fight? Do you think it will feel different once you’re in the cage?

“Really, no pressure at all. It feels like a training camp, just one that has a big fight attached to the end of it. I really do not get nervous or anxious. I have either done the work or not. You have made the sacrifice or you have not. I really enjoy the competition. It is the reward for training so hard.

The only thing that Brock possesses that is different from my other training camps is his size and speed as an opponent. We have taken steps to adjust for this fight and having a year to prepare for this opponent has been great. I am ready.”

You also mentioned some push-back from the Zuffa “talking heads” about stepping back from media obligations, but it doesn’t seem like Lesnar has ever, even on his best pre-fight weeks, done as much media as you usually do. Do you feel like he gets preferential treatment because he’s such a proven draw for the UFC?

No, I think that we have had two UFC’s, one WEC, Strikeforce, Bellator Finals and a TUF Finale that has occupied the media’s attention. I think to say that I am not “selling” a fight when I have been selling this fight for almost a year is pretty asinine. I am not overly worried about the media attention or the fame. I want the best Brock ever on July 3rd. I want a war, and one of us will need help leaving the Octagon. Everyone wants me to finish this fight fast. I would love to be able to show my entire MMA game on July 3rd when the world is watching.”

Shane Carwin tells Ben Fowlkes of MMAFighting.com that he wants a war when he steps into the Octagon against Brock Lesnar at UFC 116 this weekend. Carwin expects that one of the heavyweight champions will leave the Octagon needing assistance when the fight is over.
Back to top Go down
https://mmawarlike.forumotion.net

Shane Carwin wants a War with Brock Lesnar: “One of us will need help leaving the Octagon”
Page 1 of 1